It’s finally feeling like FALL! You guys all know what fall means. PUMPKIN EVERYTHING! So to be able to calm your sweet tooth and pumpkin fantasy, I decided to give you guys some recipes that I have followed, made, and loved! These two treats are great for traveling, busy parents (or dog parents like myself), and anyone else who loves trying yummy foods. The first one is a healthier version of your favorite café’s pumpkin muffin. The second is pumpkin energy bites that are perfect for a snack or quick breakfast that goes great with DRIVEN NUTRITION’S caramel latte or cinnamon roll protein shakes.
Enjoy and post on Instagram with the hashtag #CrossFitCOMO.
HEALTHIER PUMPKIN MUFFINS
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 4 Tbsp. coconut oil or butter, melted
- 1/2 cup mashed pumpkin, pumpkin puree or butternut squash
- 1 cup raw honey, maple syrup, or coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup sifted coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Blend together the eggs, butter (or oil), pumpkin or squash, sweetener, cinnamon, mace, salt and vanilla.
- Combine coconut flour with baking powder and whisk into batter until there are no lumps. Use a stick blender for speed.
- Pour batter into greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 18 minutes, or until a toothpick or fork comes out clean
WHOLE 30 PUMPKIN ENERGY BITES
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- Pinch of salt
- Place the dates into a small bowl and cover with water. Let soak for 10 minutes, then drain.
- Place the pecans into a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Add in the rest of the ingredients, including the soaked dates. Pulse until combined. Adjust the spices to taste. Place into the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill.
- Use your hands to form the dough into small balls. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Get Started with CrossFit COMO's Nutrition Coaching Program
Nutrition is the foundation for optimal health, weight, and performance. Our nutrition program is designed to help individuals make the behavioral change with achievement to create habits that will last a lifetime. No shakes, no short-term. We do this through a three-phased approach.
Click here to learn more!