Brandi on the 30 Day Nutrition Challenge
I think I did pretty good to say I wasn’t sure I’d have the will power to complete the challenge! I am proud of myself and OJ for what we were able to accomplish during the last 30 days. We were not perfect, but I think we did an awesome job! After my surgery I solely depended on OJ for food, and I was very worried. However, I was pleased to find that he actually made an effort to stick to the program. Below is a list of things I learned and will take away from this challenge.
- By week 2 I noticed a serious energy boost!!
- I also noticed I’am able to control my hunger better. Before the challenge, once my blood sugar crashed I turned into Godzilla in that Snickers commercial.
- I used to feel bloated ALL the time, and once I started the challenge that bloated feeling went away. I look forward to finding out what was causing the bloat….probably dairy.
- I now realize that I do have time to cook and don’t have to resort to fast food and processed foods so often.
- Reading labels has truly opened my eyes to the deception of processed foods, especially the sugar content.
- For some reason the challenge has encouraged me to drink more water. Before the challenge I only drank water and no sodas anyway, but I would barely finished one 20oz bottle in a day. Now I drink 2 bubba’s worth of water a day.
- I learned that I can find healthy, low sugar, low carb options at quick service restaurants….not many options…but some. I know these places were discouraged, but we traveled for a week during the 30 days.
- I have been struggling to get rid of my “grad school pounds” for the past 4 years. I was able to loose some of that weight in the first 2 weeks after changing my eating habits.