The following is a list of words, acronyms and lingo that you will need to know if you ever want to truely be a part of our cult gym
- A strength and conditioning program based on constantly varied, functional movements executed at high intensity
- The only topic of conversation in any and all social settings.
- Workout of the Day
- An hour of torture and pain
- As Many Rounds (or Reps) As Possible
- Do this list of movements over and over until the clock beeps and the coach yells
- Every Minute On the Minute
- Do this (or these) movements within a minute, try not to die. When the minute is over, do it again. Eventually a coach will tell you to stop.
Note: An alternating EMOM means that you do one movement on one minute and a different movement on the next minute.
- Rounds For Time
- Do these movements as fast as you can until you are done. The clock can´t save you.
- 20 seconds of work, 10 seconds of rest, 8 times
- 20 seconds of telling yourself that you can do it, 10 seconds of wondering why you do CrossFit.
- Russian unit of measuring weight. 1 pood = 16kg = 35lbs
- Most people´s reaction to Fran
- Max Effort (as many as you can)
U.B. or Touch and Go
- Unbroken (as many as you can do without resting)
- In a lifting movement that requires the weight to touch the ground (clean, snatch, deadlift), this means touching the ground and going straight into the next repetition without losing tension.
KBS – kettlebell swing P.Pr – push press
SN – snatch S.Pr – strict press
CJ – clean and jerk PCl – power clean
T2B – toes to bar OHS – overhead squat
C2B – chest to bar (pullups) Fsq – front squat
DU – double unders Bsq – back squat
MU – muscle up HSPU – hand stand pushup
G2OH – ground to overhead WB – wallball shot
Sh2OH – shoulder to overhead GHD – glute ham developer
SDLHP – sumo deadlift high pull DL – deadlift